Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bird Watching

I grew up a real girls girl. Not by any influence of my surroundings, in fact my dad never let me use the "but I 'm a girl" card to get out of any strenuous house work. Still I appreciate shopping, gossip and I don't like sports. Well not entirely. When Nathan came along, so did baseball. Some how I was involved in every Jays game that was on. I started out resisting, like most self respecting girly girls, BLAH BASEBALL! But Nathan had the patience to slowly explain the game's inner workings. Game by game, he slowly won me over. Not to the point where I jump up and down with excitement, but to a level where I can slightly tolerate it. It's a 3 HOUR game PEOPLE! I also much prefer seeing it live, where I can acceptably have a beer and yell at people.One way of copping with losing 3 hours of my life almost every day of the season was to find a favourite player, so I did. Reed Johnson you bat funny, your in. Then they cut him off the team this year, don't they realize that I need him so I can handle the dryness of the ballgame? How dare they! Now he is on another team and I need another shirt.

I can go on about how boring the game is, but really spending 3 hours with my favourite person Reed Johnson, I mean my husband can't be too bad. One thing I love is to see everyone wearing short sleeve t-shirts, hearing the birds chirp and seeing how green the field is. That way I know in some small corner of the world, it really is spring. There is also one field where you can hear trains going by the entire game, I like that a lot. It's the soundtrack to my hometown back south.

Word to you Nathan, apparently I am cheering for the Chicago Cubs now, you need to get me a new shirt.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Ya.. I only watched Canuck games with Jeremy for my player and he got traded.. I no longer watch hockey

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I love the pictures! But I could never get into the whole baseball thing. Dad was a huge baseball fan.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Gee said...

OHHH MY GOD!! I can't believe they killed off Reed Johnson. I was so mad. That little ass jiggle will haunt me (in a good way).
Howevere, Steve and I will still be doing a big trip to the Toronto this weekend to sokeup a home game. I'll be thinking of you. I hope it's not too boring without R.J.

Lindsay Gee said...

sorry the removed comment was me. I accidentally posted as Steve.

jen said...

Lindsay,
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID IT EITHER!! That guy that replaced him is not as good, and I don't mean as entertaining. I hear they canceled him mid contract, I wonder if there was something else going on behind the scenes? You don't just axe a wicked player for someone who isn't as good. I feel like I was cheated on, I don't know if I can watch the Jays this season, even for the Big Hurt.

Kennie said...

Love the new header Jen!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog sub-title... "April blizzards bring May blizzards". Hahahaha! Oh that is funneeeee. Ha. Whew.

Julie said...

I love your new header too! Has someone been playing with their new polarizer? lovely blue! or is it 100% lens? :)