Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Nunazoo

There are only 2 humans in my immediate family, one of them being me, but I still can't wait for us to all be together again. Presently there are 5 of us, growing one more since this trip out. Two monkeys...uh I mean humans, 2 cats and a dog.

We started out with just Tallinn and it was as if he was an only child. I still think he resents when we added a cat to the list, but it's also entertaining for him to have something to chase...uh I mean play with. Then came Norman our first cat and now we are coming home with our second cat Maui, who we are hoping will be something for Norman to chase....uh I mean play with.

Currently Tallinn has been staying with his Nana and Papa and will be returning to us tomorrow. I can't wait. I feel like a freak because I am missing him so much, along with Norman who is back in Nunavut. I usually get some comments each time I add a new mammal to the list. Even from my parents, however they are less surprised with each consecutive animal. And we aren't stopping yet either, but this time I think we will go for one in the human variety...balance the odds a little.

I just can't imaging living without our animals, when I was growing up we only ever had one. I always felt like I was missing something. My sister in law and I always joke that someday we will have a big plot of land and a million dogs, cats, children and possibly a goat. But for now I have been restricted to one dog because of the traveling we do while living in Nunavut. Someday I will have multiple dogs...possibly more then two?

Shelagh once asked how it was owning a cat and living in Nunavut, she has two. Personally I don't know what it would be like without the pets....lonely? You can get anything you want or need litter, food, treats online or sealift (obviously there is no Petsmart up here). Pets and Nunavut are a good idea. I am one happy lady in my Nunazoo, but then again I might just be a freak.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You are my kind of freak! Don't forget about our ducks!
Love you and miss you tons.
J

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

My sister has a dog, 2 cats, 2 hedgehogs and 2 fishtanks. That is downsized from 2 dogs, 8 cats, hedgehogs, fish, snakes and rats. But, with that being said, I can't imagine travelling with all those animals. 2 kids and a husband is more than enough for me on most days. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. Love the name Maui. Looking forward to seeing her. Totally enjoy your writing style.
Deb

Julie said...

Maui is a cute name.. but remember... To me she will always be known as Cat Benetar!