Sunday, March 02, 2008

The south is overated

I have been saying this for days, we are home tomorrow and I can't wait. It's been great visiting the south, but honestly it looses a bit of sparkle each time we come down. Have I become a northern snob? Yes, yes I have.

Bless the north and their regular toilets that flush when you flush them. Not like those fancy potties in the south that are the automatic kind...you know the ones that flush while your in the middle of doing business. I am thankful that in the north you are only a short walk away, not like in the south, where you might take a bus, as I did, you know the one where everyone has an odor. A bouquet of body odor, cough candies, day old cologne and a few other more colourful melodies I won't mention. In the north my new Uggs won't get soaked like the they do here in the south with it's varying cold temperatures. In the north I won't be tempted by those glorious golden arches and maybe I will loose a few pounds. Yes, bless the north. I'm coming home.

7 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

The north misses you guys!

Julie said...

There is no Julie in the North

Julie said...

.... and no Jen in the south.....

Julie said...

.... :( ...

Indigo said...

the north has a way of grabbing a hold of you and drawing you in. Careful you just might end up staying!

Aida said...

awww..you know what, i feel the same too..lol though i cant stay i miss the north when i see a mall!

Kennie said...

So .... what it is like going back to the "south" after being in the North for 10 months? Am I gonna go nuts or something? ...