Thursday, December 06, 2007

I, My Mother

I never thought this day would come, but it has. Each year I have started liking Christmas more and more, adding new additions to decorations, starting to listen to Christmas music sooner in the year. And this year I even warrior cleaned and reorganized my entire living room before getting the decorations up. I got matching Christmas PJs and matching slippers to match the PJs and then matching PJs for Nathan...
I am... my mother.I haven't quite collected the monstrosity of decorations that my mother has. My decorations went up in less then a day, hers took a week! When I was a kid, my brother and I would dread dragging in the boxes from the garage. We would literally have to set up a bucket brigade to get them in, and it always seemed to take hours and hours. I would dread taking them down and putting them back in the garage even more. It's funny how things change, because I would have loved to be there this year to help put them up with her. Nathan better pray however, that I never come close to owning the museum that my mother does...because I seem to be heading down that path of pandemonium!

3 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I love the slippers! Can't wait to see the picture of you guys on christmas morning in your matching jammies!

Aida said...

i am now thinking if your mother is related to my mother in law..LOL

Kate Nova said...

Matching PJs, that is some serious business! :)