Thursday, July 23, 2009

This place is so beautiful

What you can't see are the HOARDS of mosquitoes! I didn't want to spray the baby with deet, so I sprayed the area she was sitting. I know, not really environmentally friendly to spray a bunch of beautiful flowers with bug spray. We could only shoot in one spot for a few seconds and then we had to move. Although there are numerous quantities of arctic mosquitoes, they are as slow as zombies. This gives you a chance to stand still for a few seconds before you are swarmed, then you can out walk them and be clear for a short time before they catch up again.




These purple flowers are called Dwarf Fireweed, as I learned on Clare's blog yesterday. Here is a closer look.

11 comments:

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

oh my gosh, these are beautiful photos. Of both the baby and the scenery, AND the fireweed, which is my very favorite flower ever. Just beautiful.

Adventures of the Sandoval's said...

Oh Jen these are beautiful. Ezri looks so beautiful in the purple flowers. Great shots

Shanlee said...

Awesome shots. What a great memory of your "last" summer there!

Allmycke said...

Wonderful pictures. I think these may prove to become some of your absolute favourit shots of Ezri and the scenery.

Morena said...

I love these!

Julie said...

I LOVE the second last one. Sooo cute!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Wow!! Those are wonderful shots.

Unknown said...

number two and number four, winners!

Anonymous said...

Sigh....I wish I could take photos like that.

Very nice.

Aida said...

beautiful! i am not sure if you can get them up there since when i was in Arviat, i got Frank to get it for me in Iqaluit. Its lemongrass.

in iqaluit, its sold in bottles and when the kids were under 2 y.o i took a few lemongrass (the white part), blend it with water and put it in spray bottle and spray them with taht instead. the mozzies stay away and i dont hv to worry about putting too much on them since it wont hurt them and it smells tons nicer than deet.

Jen Mader said...

Oh Wow Jen
these pics are so great. We didn't have those flowers up in Grise Fiord. You are just like me..dressing your little girl to match the scenery. Love the lavender dress with the flowers. I recently dressed Lila-Grace in a strawberry dress and took pics of her in a strawberry patch!