Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sleep walk.

I awoke early this morning to the sound of Ezri crying. I had forgotten to turn on the monitor and was jolted awake by the idea that I was hearing her cry from her room, rather then the monitor beside my bed. I jumped straight out of bed and then realized this was not an emergency. Ezri had put herself almost back to sleep immediately, but I was still wide awake. After a visit to the washroom, a BEAMING sun filled visit to the washroom, I took a small peak out the window and saw this:
Some of the stillest water I've seen up here. So I decided at 5am to grab my camera and walk down to the beach. I told Nathan I was going for a walk and he looked at me like I was nuts, rolled over and went back to sleep. I know someone who didn't think it was such a crazy idea. Tallinn was having a blast sniffing every rock and blade of grass from my house to the beach.It was the most calming feeling, there wasn't a sound or even a small breeze. Everyone was asleep tucked in their beds, even the ravens and dogs. It wasn't until a bunch of birds that sounded like ducks and seagulls combined started SCREECHING, breaking the silence that I remembered 3 summers ago around this time of year and hour in the morning there was a bear chilling out on the beach behind our house.

So Tallinn and I booked it back to the house and I went back to bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures.
There is something special with that time of day - when everyone else is asleep (doesn't hasppen often in the North during summer...)and you can almost hear the dew settle on the leaves.

Procrastamom said...

Gorgeous! You have such a talent with that camera and Mother Nature was a great help.

Morena said...

Beautiful pics as usual Jen. Ones for the portfolio for sure.

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how GREEN it is up there/over there. It actually looks like you have grass!

Our green-ness is just tundra moss, unfortunately.

Beautiful!

jen said...

Jackie, actually it's just one very small patch in town, and luckily it's all behind my house! But yes there is some grass and flowers too!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, but they're too small. Give us a couple of megapixels! Is there a ridiculously small file size limit?

Finnskimo said...

Cool...just like here! And we still have snow too, ick.

Amanda said...

Great pics Jen!