Sunday, September 07, 2008

Gifts for "Tina Kara"

Two of my favourite bloggers Tina & Kara think I should name the baby Tina Kara or Kara Tina, depending on which one you ask.

Tina from Just below 63 has sent the new baby two awesome onesies, one that says "an Alaskan Malamute is my friend" and the other that says "got snow?" and has an Alaskan Malamute pictured behind it. She also sent an awesome photo card with one of my favourite photos she took. Thanks Tina, you rock!Another one of my favourite northern mommy bloggers Aida from Footprints, has also sent a care package. She sent me a book on breastfeeding and an enormous amount of booby napkins ( I guess one of the joys I get to look forward to are leaky boobs, yey!), a few baby toys and some homemade baby leg warmers! Thanks Aida, I'm glad to know someone is looking out for me and my soon to be leaky boobs :).
Someone had other plans. I wonder who is going to be the jealous one when the baby comes. "What are you talking about a baby? The nice lady sent me the plastic keys!"

9 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I'm glad you finally got the package. I was getting worried! :)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Great gifts! Those Lansinoh BF pads are great because they're practically invisible under even a very fitted top. I liked to use cloth ones when I was at home or wearing something bulkier, since they breathe better and are reusable. :)

I hope you've also got some Lansinoh or other brand of nipple cream, too -- so invaluable! And if you've got any leftover when you're done breastfeeding, it makes FABULOUS lip gloss!!! (I'm not even kidding -- it's moisturizing, non-toxic, and gives you the glossiest shine ever.) :)

Indigo said...

http://www.bloomingbirth.net/bodycasting.aspx

This is fun to do!!!

Megan said...

Personally, I think "Megan Tina Kara" is a great name. :)

Indigo said...

pretty soon this little to-yet-be born-girl is going to have ten bloggers names, even then N. might not be able to agree on one!!!

How about:

Emma, Elizabeth, Isabella, Sophie
Saphira Essex Eichenberg

or Aida Tina Kara Megan Mongoose Kelly Jamie Cathy...................


or

Okay,okay. I'll go make my shrimp salad.

Aida said...

glad you got the package,i was getting worried too!

you dont want leaky boobies..trust me..one time, when Ava was around 4 months, friends of ours came with their 7 months old twins. one of the twins cried so hard and I was just soaked! I thought I was at home and no longer leak at 4 months but needless I didnt even know the booby was able to leak hearing another baby cry. I was the glad, our friends..a breastfeeding mother as well understood when i had to excuse myself clutching my chest..lol

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Oh!!! And ask Aida, I think that boob-feeding book came from me originally!! If it did, man it is seeing more of Nunavut than I got too. No fair!

Aida said...

kara, yes it was from you!! figured Jen will need it since it helped me TONS! thanks kara, yes its the "traveling book".

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we could buy you presents... Send me your mailing address so we can start buying baby clothes. :P