Friday, May 02, 2008

Puppy Love

Sometimes to get outside on a beautiful day, my friend Christina brings her 2 year old daughter down to see Tallinn. She calls him "Tally". We'll ask her "who are we going to see?" And she smiles and says "TALLY!"
Of course Tallinn is always happy to see her and usually ends up giving her a big wet one on her face. She just closes her eyes and scrunches up her face, then she laughs "Mommy, Tally Kunee!". Kunee (I'm spelling this phonetically so if you can, feel free to leave the correct spelling in my comments box), in Inuktitut means kiss. Tally loves to give a kunee, especially if your like me and leave a little something left over from dinner on your chin.

3 comments:

Indigo said...

Kuni and also Kunik are both used for kiss.

I sense there is some difference in the usage of the two terms but am not that fluent that I understand.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Oh that is too cute. Though, I shivered looking at your pics of everyone still bundled up. It's 12degrees here today and I have all my windows open.

Anonymous said...

A wise little girl. I too call him "My Tally Man" Heavy on the Jamacan accent. Lots of Love from his Nana.