Saturday, February 03, 2007

Back from Paradise

Nathan and I just returned from a month of Fun in the Sun. Well not exactly. When we were in North Bay it was a balmy -30, but at least I had some trees.

We had a great time with our families and I managed to explode a hole in Nathans Wallet the size of Texas! We actually had to purchase 2 new suite cases and a large rubbermaid container to control the amount of crap I bought (yes I have a problem). Whilst on the subject of Rubbermaid, did you know that's how Northerners travel in Style? I saw my first Rubbermaid take flight back in June when I departed for my Northern adventure. " Rubbermaid", I thought to myself, "Could this be done?". I knew right then and there that I would have to try this experience for myself and when buying another $60 suite case just wouldn't "jive" we opted for the only other way to travel: RUBBERMAID. It was an exhilarating experience I have to admit, however when the security woman threatened to cut off the web of silver duct tape holding the lid to the body, I panicked. (Everything worked after Tallinn (doggie) worked his charm all over her and she had no time for rummaging through our crap and passed it through.)

I guess I should probably talk about what we did in the South, but I figure this is a Nothern only blog and most of you who are reading it already know what we did. So here is a sum up;
On our trip out to the south my true love and I;

12 Liters of beer,
11 Starbucks Lattes,
10 Macdonald's Breakfasts,
Another 9 Starbucks Lattes,
7 Hours of just going down water slides, (Great Wolf Lodge, try it)
6 Stuff Crust Pizzas,
5 Times to the Dog Park (where Tallinn was humped multiple times)
4 Times shopping in the States
3 Times asked where Nunavut was (or in the case of the boarder guard "what" Nunavut was)
2 Lemon Drop Martinis with Lush Face Masks

and One extremely overloaded credit card

Until next time boys and girls....

3 comments:

Lindsay Gee said...

glad to know you are home and alive.

The PHB's said...

HEY!!!

I found that particular rubbermaid for you!

Lindsay Gee said...

oy...over at Lidz store now...chillin...feeling a bit better about the whole living arrangements
its beck by the by...what's going on with this northern getaway (for us not you.