Saturday, February 07, 2009

Mom-mobiling

I'd been back all of 1 day and I desperately needed to get out on my snowmobile. I have missed half of the season because I was down south having Ezri. I was also hesitant to snowmobile while 8 months pregnant, but I did manage to get out once, very slowly and also not on the back of Nathan's machine because he can tend to be a bit of a maniac. Generally I like to drive my own machine, I feel completely out of control when I'm riding with someone else and find the experiance way less appealing. I'm a woman in charge, I need to have my own ride.

While I was down south I noticed more snowmobiles driving around the country side and also picked up on tracks in farmers fields. I was clearly sick for my machine and drooled every time I saw someone else riding. I could almost say that I had a little tear in my eye every time I caught someone else on a machine. I knew that I needed to get out as soon as I got back, but didn't know when that would happen with Nathan getting back to work and the baby. Thank goodness I was able to sneak in a small, but tasty trip in yesterday. Thank you handy, diaper changing husband, I think I'll keep you around.

The photo is of my friend Morena and myself out on the frozen inlet, you can see town behind us. We are a couple of Snowmobiling Mammas! Morena also left an infant behind at home while we went out, in fact our kidlets are a mere 12 hours apart in age!

It's good to be back.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see your UGGS!!!

Welcome home.

jen said...

lol yes my Uggs! They are practical and fashionable. It was like snowmobiling in my slippers!
... Ahem Tina ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo jealous! I miss this so much! Looks like you had a great time out! Good job Nay Nay!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy being back home.
(I suppose the North IS home for you by now.)
Keep gracing us with your stunning photography, and I'll be happy!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jen!

Aleks said...

When we saw that guy on the machine outside of Strath, you didn't have a tear, you were like "that %*#&# is going to wreck his tread driving on the highway!!!"

Aida said...

welcome home

Unknown said...

one day home and you blogged, alright!!! maybe mommy brain has cleared with the cold northern air

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Hurray!! You are home!!

I understand about being deprived from your machine!! As soon as I got back to Kugluktuk I was out on my quad.

Matthew & Michele said...

Glad you’re back in the big city. There is a group of us that has been going out almost every weekend. It can range from 2 to 10. You guys are welcome to join us if you like. We are planning on going out by the cabins on the way to Fish Lake and have a fire and roast marshmallows and wieners one of these weekends.

We won't be going out next Sunday because the Daytona 500 is on but at least Michele and I will be going out on Saturday depending on the weather.

Give us a call.

Blogger said...

Want To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.